|Monitoring and Evaluation Intern|
|Location :||Mombasa, Kenya|
|Application Deadline :||20th January 2023|
|Type of Contract :||Internship|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|1st February 2023|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||3 months|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||3 months|
As part of supporting the Stretchers Youth Organization Monitoring & Evaluation framework, the organization seeks to recruit a suitable young person to join our impressive team of professionals as an M&E intern. S/he/they/others will provide direct M&E support to the entire program team. The key function of this position will be to support and manage a robust monitoring and evaluation system with well-defined milestones and targets while monitoring and ensuring high-quality and timely inputs for the projects to maintain their strategic vision and ensure the achievement of the intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
Stretchers Youth Organization is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, religion, race, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Stretchers Youth Organization does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and implementation of MEL systems, tools, and plans.
- Ensure systems are in place and operational and that program reporting is of high quality and meets reasonable standards
- Working with program officers on collecting, verifying, and aggregating quantitative and qualitative data for review
- Organize and undertake regular routine data quality assessments with the program staff.
- Support the development and maintenance of a program MEL database system and support the development of the system to manage qualitative data and information and facilitate use.
- Provide support in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-annual, and annual reports through the provision of timely, accurate, and updated data
- Review the project reports to ensure that the intended targets are reported appropriately in line with the actual outputs and results.
- Responsible for documenting learning and sharing the lessons with project staff and partners during review forums.
- a) Technical skills of the best candidate.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports
- Working knowledge in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Experience in online data management and storage sites will be an added advantage.
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office tools;
- b) Academic Qualifications
University Degree in the field of social science, statistics, economics, or any other relevant academic field with at least sound knowledge in designing, and implementing M&E-related tasks.
- c) Competencies and Attributes of the best candidate:
- High-level written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Age between 18-30 years.
- Must be result-oriented and a team player who exhibits high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy, and integrity.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with the SYO program and development partners.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Experience in research, policy development, management, and programming-related work.
- Proven IT skills will be an added advantage.
- Be able to put in extra hours when required.
- Be able to work from Monday to Friday.
- Highly recommend individuals based in Mombasa.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the requirements should apply by submitting one PDF document as an attachment (combining the application letter and curriculum vitae with three referees) and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for receiving applications is 20th January 2023. In the subject line, please include the job title “M&E INTERN”
If you have any questions about this position or the application process, please contact the HR department on+254 777 922 005
Leave A Comment